If your abstract has been selected to the presenting submitted program, your registration fee will be waived as a token of appreciation from the APVRS 2021 Virtual Organizing Committee.
- Abstract submission is open online starting from May 10, 2021 at http://congress.apvrs.org.
- The APVRS 2021 Virtual is accepting Free Paper, E-poster and Video submission; POSTER is NOT included in this congress.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English exclusively via the online abstract submission system at http://congress.apvrs.org. Submissions by post, email, fax or any other means will NOT be accepted.
- AUTHORS – FIRST (PRESENTING) AUTHOR – The first author will be the presenting author. The first (presenting) author is expected to register and pay the full registration fee, record the presentation, and attend the Congress.
- Please provide an accurate email address of the first (presenting) author. Abstract submission results and abstract-related correspondence will be sent by email to the first author.
- The first (presenting) author can have a maximum of 3 submitted abstracts, with a maximum of 2 of each kind.
- CO-AUTHOR(S) – A maximum of FIVE co-authors are allowed for each abstract. Type in the names and affiliations as you would like them to appear in any publication.
- The ABSTRACT TITLE must be concise. Avoid using abbreviations in the title.
- Abstract Content (excluding title, authors, highest degrees and institutions) should include the following headings: PURPOSE, METHODS, RESULTS and CONCLUSIONS. The abstract must not exceed 250 words. Do not include graphs, tables, images and references in the abstract. Do not mention in the abstract the names of any affiliated institutes, academic institutions, hospitals, eye centres, etc. or names of any individuals involved in the study. Otherwise, the abstract will be rejected outright.
- Define each abbreviation the first time it is used in the abstract by placing what it stands for in parentheses.
- It is the author’s responsibility to submit an abstract with correct spelling and grammar. The Selection Committee, however, reserves the right to edit the abstract if it has significant spelling and grammatical mistakes.
- Successfully submitted abstracts will be acknowledged with an electronic receipt including an abstract reference number, which should be quoted in all future correspondence. If you do not receive the acknowledgement within 24 hours upon submission, please contact the Congress Secretariat by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Selection Committee strongly recommends the authors to submit their abstracts as early as possible in order to avoid last-minute rush and system congestion. When the abstract is submitted, it can be still revised by the submission deadline on August 6, 2021 (Friday). Kindly note that only the latest version will be reviewed.
- Late submissions will NOT be considered.
- Submitted abstracts would be peer-reviewed by the Selection Committee. The review process is confidential and the decision is final.
- Authors will be notified of the abstract selection results no later than September 13, 2021 (Monday).
- Authors may be given the option to change the format of their presentation as a condition for acceptance.
- The 14th Asia-Pacific Vitreo-retina Society Congress holds the copyright to all the materials presented at the Congress.
Submitted Free Papers
- Free paper submissions include an oral presentation. Any accepted authors will need to record a talk of 5 – 7 minutes for delegates to view during the APVRS Congress.
- The recorded talk must be uploaded to the Congress System no later than Oct 15 (Fri). Submission after the said deadline may NOT be considered.
- If ‘Free Paper’ is selected to be first preference, and secondary preference ‘E-poster’ is chosen, authors will have the opportunity to have the abstract reviewed for e-poster presentation in the event that it is not accepted for free paper presentation.
- After submitting the abstract content, the first author must upload the video to the congress system.
- All videos should be within 7 minutes in MP4 format.
- Videos will be evaluated based on their scientific merits, educational values, originality, quality, conciseness, audio-visual effects, editing skills, etc.
- The video must be uploaded to the Congress System no later than Aug 13 (Fri). Submission after the said deadline may NOT be considered.
- All posters should be a visual presentation of your submitted and accepted abstract.
- Please convert a poster into a single-slide PPTX (Office 2007 and above) file as per the sample e-poster.
- Please read the specification of a e-poster carefully at E-Poster Presentation Guidelines.
- The e-poster slide must be uploaded to the Congress System no later than Oct 15 (Fri). Submission after the said deadline may NOT be considered.
Before submission, please check:
- If the abstract has a concise, descriptive title;
- If the study has sufficient data leading to conclusive outcomes;
- If the names of any affiliated institutes, academic institutions, hospitals, eye centers and individuals involved in the study have been removed;
- If the abstract states clearly the purpose, methods, results, findings and conclusions of the study;
- If the study is conducted in a methodologically correct way;
- If the abstract is proofread and/or edited by a native speaker of English;
- If the abstract is within the word limit;
- If financial disclosures for each of the authors are made.